As humans, when we suffer from something unpleasant or painful, we naturally look for something to bring relief. And if we don’t have what we need in our medicine cabinet, a quick trip to the local pharmacy or grocery store is sure to offer plenty of products promoting fast relief from anything. Be it a headache, heartburn, itchy skin, or whatever. And yes, you will even find products claiming to help anxiety, such as calming teas, weighted blankets, stress-reducing essential oils, etc. And I do believe those productshave their place in assisting individuals in dealing with stress. However, today, I offer you something you can always have on hand. And that is twenty anxiety relief quotes that you can turn to for inspiration when you most need it.
20 Best Inspirational Anxiety Relief Quotes
Anxiety relief quotes to relax your mind
1. “Not everything that weighs you down is yours to carry.” — Anonymous
2. “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.” — Charles Spurgeon
3. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” — Wayne W. Dyer
4. “Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.” — Jodi Picoult
5. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Anxiety relief quotes to help quiet fears
6. “Keep walking through the storm. Your rainbow is waiting on the other side.” — Heather Stillufsen
7. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” — Arthur Somers Roche
9. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.” — Steve Maraboli
10 “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.” — Robert Tew
Anxiety relief quotes to help you overcome
11. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
12. “Present fears are less than horrible imaginings.” — William Shakespeare
13. “P.S. You’re not going to die. Here’s the white-hot truth: if you go bankrupt, you’ll still be okay. If you lose the gig, the lover, the house, you’ll still be okay. If you sing off-key, get beat by the competition, have your heart shattered, get fired…it’s not going to kill you. Ask anyone who’s been through it.” — Danielle LaPorte
14. “Don’t believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.” — Renee Jain
15. “Slow breathing is like an anchor in the midst of an emotional storm: The anchor won’t make the storm go away, but it will hold you steady until it passes.” — Russ Harris
Anxiety relief quotes that lift your spirit
16. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” — Jon Kabat-Zinn
17. “Somewhere there is a past you, overflowing with so much pride looking at how far you’ve come.” — Unknown
18. “Anxiety is one little tree in your forest. Step back and look at the whole forest.” — Unknown
19. “Anxiety isn’t weakness. Living with anxiety, turning up and doing things with anxiety, takes a strength most will never know.” — Unknown
20. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.”— Anonymous proverb
If you’re living with anxiety, you know the negative places your mind can take you. For indeed, anxiety excels at taking you on fear-fill journeys to all the bad things that could happen to you “if” something you fear happens. One of the problems with that is that it causes you to stress about something that hasn’t even happened yet and possibly never will.
The trick is to adjust the way you think, for doing so can help you lessen your anxiety. One of the ways you can do this is by redirecting your focus from your worries to skills that can help manage your anxiety today and in the future.
Managing anxiety takes work, but it’s possible. And there are many avenues to try. But you have to keep trying until you find the combination of treatments and strategies that work for you.
You can and you will. You’ll get there!
To get you started on changing your focus, grab a pen and paper and write some of these inspirational quotes down. And then place them in prominent places at home or work so when you start to have those pesky anxious thoughts, you can turn to them to remind yourself you can deal with your anxiety and fears.
Another great way of tackling your anxiety is by working with a coach. An anxiety coach can assist you every step of the way as you train your brain to stay calm and look at life from a more balanced and less anxious perspective.
Hi, I’m Kris Henderson, LPC. I want you to know that I am here to help. If you want more personalized support, I invite you to contact me or schedule your phone call . I look forward to cheering you on as you become more successful and confident in managing your stress and anxiety.
This article originally appeared on My Anxiety Link